Hi! I'm Leon

Introduce yourself here.
leonelescantre

Hi! I'm Leon

Post by leonelescantre » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Heya!

I'm Leon, one of the Alpha/Beta testers and 26yo.
I've been part of the Talespinner's development from its early adaptations.
This group actually got me into tabletop rpgs in the first place ;)
My other hobbies include Larp, Games and writing stories.

When I had played a bit of tabletop RPG's I had a pet peeve, both as a player as well as a storyteller: Most systems make you, the player, the very epicenter of the world and, with enough Exp/levels you can blast your way through (literally) hordes of enemies. I also never liked the fact that I had to pick 'a class''. I loved creating interesting characters with in-depth backstories and with that, I always had to go through a plethora of books to find some sort of class that fit what I felt did right by the character concept.

Then Joost came with Talespinner, a system with a few key features that made it appealing to me:
  • Characters have a set amount of hit/energy points no matter how much experience your character has
  • Fewer calculations and dice rolling but keeping skill checks in
  • There are no classes, you build a character the way you want it although certain skills have synergy with one another
  • You have less 'skills and attributes' but this makes things easier to manage and less hassle
  • There are many ways in which you can customize your character that has both Roleplay and mechanical value
Of course, we went through quite a ride to get here, but I am really happy with my (small) part in helping the project!
As Storyteller and player, I always seek to create interesting stories and use the tools at my disposal to do so, where I found that Talerspinner helped me out a lot.

My role in the development was to check on small bugs or to have certain skill explained a bit more, but on occasion, I have contributed by sparring with Joost about how certain skills (should) work. I'm very glad about the Illusion rank5 skill which I helped create, as it is the capping skill for that magic skill, but is not meant to deal damage or by default to be used offensively. Yet it creates a huge opportunity for mechanics and uses in stories you may want to spin!

If you want to ask me questions or spar about a story idea, feel free to hit me up :twisted: :mrgreen:
What? Magic skills? You just need one: Chronomancy...
Maybe Chronomancy AND Pyromancy ... :P
Chronomancy though <3
Nah. Who am I kidding?
Chronomancy and Illusion. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Talespinner
Site Admin

Re: Hi! I'm Leon

Post by Talespinner » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Welcome to the board!
I would like to add it's not just Illusion #5, and again, your contributions to the tone of skills (especially Illusion and Necromancy) have made a really big difference. :)
You can find Leon's thinking in Curative Malady, Reflexive Reshielding and Discharge as well.
In Dreams we Trust.

leonelescantre

Re: Hi! I'm Leon

Post by leonelescantre » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:08 pm

*hides* :twisted: :mrgreen:

You are very welcome! :D
What? Magic skills? You just need one: Chronomancy...
Maybe Chronomancy AND Pyromancy ... :P
Chronomancy though <3
Nah. Who am I kidding?
Chronomancy and Illusion. :twisted: :mrgreen: